Saturday, March 7, 2015

"Goodbye, See you when I see you"

I've never had such a strong feeling in the world "Goodbye" or the sentence " See you when I see you" before until after i completed my studies in Switzerland and internship in China.


I still remember how sad they were, when the first time I told my HK high school friends about my study plan in Sydney. On the last day when they farewell me at the airport, most of them were really emotional especially when we were in HK Airport. I remember that I was excited and yet surprised the fact that I did not feel sad at all. I expected myself that I will be crying but I didn't. Perhaps because I knew that I would come back to HK for holidays and I knew that I would meet them up again.

As time pass by, the next stage that I needed to say Goodbye to my friends were during high school graduation. I had to say it was yet another pretty emotional "Goodbye" for most of the people except me. until then I still did not understand WHY did my high school friends cried. Yes I understand it is a special moment that we all completed a journey and we all would went on a different path. However, I still believe that we would meet up again sometime in the future. It's just a temporary goodbye.

It showed clearly that the word "Goodbye" really doesn't mean much for me until I began my journey in Switzerland and China.

The 2 years which I spent in China was priceless. The people who I met and the experience that I had was unique. it was a 2 special year in my life! It was a self discovery journey for me. Going on a foreign country with a foreign language that you have no idea with wasn't easy for me at all. It was exciting and yet scary. It made me vulnerable. Throughout those years, I've met lots of people. I've learned the beautiful side of those people. As I knew no one in Switzerland or China. I gradually became more and more attached to my friends everyday. They became my second family without realising my self. We helped each other, we explored place together, working assignment together and of cause we gossip a lot as well. I've learnt a lot from those people.

As the semester began to end, my heart started to had a complicated feelings. I remember how excited I felt as I knew I would be graduate soon. At the same time, my heart has a bitter feeling when I think about the day I graduate will be the day I say Goodbye to all these lovely people. I started to wonder if I would ever had a chance to meet all these people again.

I experienced that sinking feeling three times within those 2 years. 1st time is when I graduated from PGDHM. 2nd time is when I graduated from Master degree and 3rd time is when I left Hangzhou China after my internship.

On the last day when I finally said "Goodbye" to my friends, for once I knew I said it and I really meant it..."Goodbye, I'm going to miss you....See you when i see you / See you sometime in the future in somewhere" .To the point I felt like I would never see them again because they all come from different nationality and they all will go different countries to work. Some went Dubai, some went Qatar, some went Maldives, some went Thailand and some stayed in Europe. Clearly, i was the only one decided to go back to Sydney to work. I remembered the first week after i said bye to them I still had this feeling that when I go home i will see them. Of cause when I went home i realised I am no longer living with them anymore. I SMS my friends said "Lol! I felt weird the fact that I don't see you guys anymore." and my friend said the same thing to me "when I got back to the dormitory, I still thought you are around". I couldn't believe myself that I cried.

It has been 2 years since I back to Sydney. We still keep in contact. I've managed to meet up one of them in Perth. it was such a great feeling when I saw these people again. There was a lot to catch up and it brought back all the old days memories.

Recently, one of my MIB classmate came to Sydney for study. I just can't wait to see her again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment